19 July 2012

THE MOON!

I've often wondered about how awesome it would be to be permanently on vacation. Pretty awesome I'd imagine. Just to have one central place somewhere so you always had somewhere to return "home" to. But travel for a couple months, relax for a couple months, relax while traveling. Old school type travel too. Like actually sail on an ocean liner for the however many days it takes to cross the Atlantic. Are there ships that even do that anymore? Like not cargo ships? I would imagine not, what with the prevalence of air travel it probably isn't cost effective. Who the hell wants a two day blimp ride to London?!

Actually a blimp ride would be pretty sweet. Excuse me, rigid airship. More sweet.

But then there's the question of burnout. But would you really burnout? After all, how many times to you get back from a vacation where you saw a lot, did a lot, had a lot of fun, you get back to work and think, "Golly gee wiz, I need a vactation just to recover from my vacation!" Now you wouldn't have that problem! You'd come back from your first vacation, think that, and then BOOM, you'd be off on your recovery vaction.

What's that you say? What about peoples inherent need to work or feel productive? Well I have a solution to that too:

Moonbase.

Yes, Moonbase. If you're working on Moonbase then it doesn't matter what you're doing or how long your doing it. You have to dig a ditch for 24 hours on the moon? Who cares! You're on the moon! Yeah, all that stuff about a vacation being where you don't have to work blah, blah. You're on the moon! THE MOON! Do you know where you are right now? I'll tell you where you're not: The Moon!

Every single problem anywhere ever would be solved if we had a moonbase.



They can still reach us on the moon.

1 comment:

  1. One time I was driving home to Cleveland from North Carolina, just thinking about things, and I thought of the classic scenario of a parent and child in the backyard of their suburban house, looking at things through a telescope the child got as a birthday present.

    Imagine being able to look at the moon and see a shape that is a permanent human base on the moon. That's when it clicked for me. When I realized we must colonize space. It's our destiny.

    ReplyDelete