11 June 2012

Four Weddings and a Messy Hotel Room

So here's the situation: You're on vacation with your family. You arrive back to your hotel room in the early afternoon only to discover that the maid has not yet cleaned. Do you A: Call down to the front desk and ask that someone come tend to it as soon as possible? B: Deiced you don't really care because it's not that big a deal? Or C: Flip a shit, order your children out of the "filthy" room and proceed to berate the maid who is in the middle of cleaning another room about how you can't believe that no one cleaned your room, that your family needs the room now, that you stay in hotels all over the world and that this is the first time this has ever happened to you blah blah blah.

I always feel a little weird whenever I cross paths with the maid in a hotel. If I'm in the room when she comes, or if I walk in on her. I don't want to be that creeper that sits in the corner and watches her clean or the asshole that pretends she doesn't exist. It seems to be a loose/loose. Except for Vegas. Then again hospitality in Vegas is completely different from most other places in the country. Hell, most of the time I just leave the "Do Not Disturb" sign up because I really don't care if my bed is made or my towels are changed. Unless I'm there for more than a weekend, then fresh towels are nice because hotel towels never seem to dry properly.

But this woman would not shut up. And her husband and kids had already walked away towards the elevator because they were "going to have to wait in the lobby because the room [was] filthy." I have no idea if she actually called down to the front desk, but judging by the way she kept carrying on, it didn't sound like it. Then the elevator came and we went away from her. Judging by the reaction of the husband and kids, I assume that they're used to this kind of thing happening.

If your hotel room is too filthy to be in after less than a day and you're not a cocaine fueled rock star, you're doing it wrong.

I do like the DC area. I'm reminded of this every time I'm there. Of course it helped that we were the high end part of the Northwest DC area. On our first walk down the street, walking past all the high end shops I was somewhat (justifiably) afraid that K Jo was going to spontaneously burst into debt. She behaved though. I'm thinking that my two main areas to look for work are going to be DC and Seattle. Not writing off anywhere else, just seems like those would be good places to be. Depending on what's available, of course. I've resolved that I'm going to have to find a job first and worry about grad school/Air Force later. There just isn't enough relevant work in the Cleveland area and I feel like I'm falling behind.

But on to the main event!


That's right, all you boppers out there! Pie and Dan are now married! They are now Mr. & Mrs. Dan Marino...or Pie Wiebke? Tom & Jane Evertt? I don't know! Why? Because Dan might have jumped the gun a little and not even let the priest finish before he tried to eat her face. It was cute though so we'll give him a pass on that one.

My mother was so happy/proud that she actually stood up in front of a bunch of people she didn't know and said words. Yes. This happened. The evidence will be presented...NOW


For those of you who don't know, my mother is so adverse to public speaking that she wouldn't even stand up at her own sons murder trial and say "he didn't do it" if that's all that was needed to get the charges dropped. Okay, that's probably not true, but you get the picture.

I also got to have lunch with The Cheese Puff. Though there is no photographic evidence of this because I'm not entirely sure it actually happened. Here's why: Last September The Cheese Puff got married on the outer banks. Flower was unable to attend as she was attending the wedding of a cousin. Alright, these things happen. And we are at that age where weddings just seem to come out of the woodwork so it's not unreasonable to think that there might be one or two conflicts over the years. We had the date for Pie and Dan's wedding awhile ago. And The Puff was excited that she was finally going to get to meet Flower. Until I had to break the news that Flower would be attending another cousin's wedding that same weekend. I am starting to think that one of them doesn't exist. If true this presents some serious issues. Forgetting all the social and medical issues that this might bring up, if true it's an extension I would have to apply to a great deal more than just a single person. What about all the people they know? Their families? People who have met the both of them, yet not seen them together? Sure they've heard about each other, but they've never met, never spoken, and how do I know that when I've shown one a picture of the other that they were just too polite not to mention that there was nothing there, or that the picture was really just me holding an iguana? How do I know?!




The job problem has been solved: Lion and I are going to open an Erotic Space Bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment